First off, thank you so much for your interest in my blog. I am very excited to share my reviews with you!
Secondly, I am currently open to review requests. I am happy to read both ARCs and final/finished copies. I currently accept digital copies through NetGalley, but email is also acceptable (I prefer Kindle or ACSM files). If you wish to send me a print copy, please contact me directly for my address.
The best way to reach me is by email at email@example.com
- A summary of the book
- The release date
- Page count and any relevant information (especially if there’s anything that shows why it would be a good fit for me based on my preferences)
- Your preferred timeframe (let me know when you expect the review to be posted as this will greatly influence my decision to review and whether or not I have time to commit)
I reserve the right to decline to review if:
- I currently have too many reviews on my plate
- The book does not fall under my typically most-read genres
- It doesn’t sound like something I’d be interested in
- It’s clear you have not read my policy outlined here for what I’ll review
I set these parameters not because I’m picky but because I don’t want to waste anyone’s time (yours or mine) by attempting to read a book that I will likely not finish.
- Sci-Fi/Fantasy (though I can be a bit picky about this one)
- Historical Fiction
- Literary fiction
- Some romance (pretty picky here, too)
- Historical Fiction
- Nature/Sustainability (can be a bit picky here)
- Social Science (especially gender science/politics)
- True Crime
- Feminist literature
- Contemporary/Realistic (can be a bit picky here)
- Historical Fiction (depends on the time period, I can be a bit picky, no war stories please!)
Genres I Will NOT Read:
- Science (I.e. math, chemistry, physics, etc.)
Where else might I post my review?
I am also a member of Goodreads and I often post a short review there. I will sometimes post my reviews to Amazon or Barnes and Noble, so if you wish for me to post my review of your book on multiple platforms, please let me know. As long as I have an account, I will most definitely post on other platforms.
A bit about reviewing (disclaimer)
Know that I cannot guarantee that I will read the book immediately or post a review to my blog immediately. My plate is usually very full and I fit books in where I can. I also have to juggle my full-time job and other commitments as well. Of course, I will do my best to review in a timely manner.
If the book is an ARC, I will of course try to read/review the book before its publication date. If I really enjoy the book, I’ll probably post a “save the date” as well.
I approach any book with an open mind and a hope that I’ll fall in love with it. That being said, it’s possible that I won’t love it or that I’ll have issues with it. My reviews are always my honest opinion and I never throw shade or hate on the books I read. That being said, please do not reach out to me with a book review request if you are uncomfortable with any negative reviews. Check out my “About” page to see my format for reviews and then read a few to familiarize yourself with my style.
I am not a paid reviewer and my blog is purely for my own personal desire to share the book love. Keep that in mind when considering sending me your stuff. I do my very best to keep a timely review schedule but this is not my paying job, so I’m running this on my own time with my love of books and the book community as my only source of fuel.
If all of this sounds good to you, and you would like to send me a review request, please do so! I look forward to hearing from you.